About THE PILATES INITIATIVE
THE PILATES INITATIVE
The Pilates Initiative (TPI) is a not for profit organization that dedicates its mission and outreach to support the professional Pilates community and the public at large in the continued development, education and promotion of the Pilates method.
The Pilates Initiative is currently seeking committed Board members to serve various terms. These Board members will support, define and direct the growth of the organization.
The Pilates Initiative is a registered not for profit corporation in the state of New Mexico and is applying for its U.S. IRS designation as a 501C3 Corporation
If you are interested or know someone who may be interested in serving our growing organization please contact Kevin@ThePilatesInitiative.org
The mission of the Pilates Initiative is:
- to support, define and nurture the Pilates method and Pilates exercise professionals.
- to educate and inform the general public about the many positive health benefits derived from the safe and effective practice and instruction of the Pilates method.
- to promote and define professionalism and ethical practices for Pilates exercise professionals and Pilates businesses.
- to provide a platform of outreach, support and education for those in our community who are most in need.
- to advocate for the continued recognition of the Pilates exercise method as an important component for the health and well-being of the U.S. public.
BOARD of DIRECTORS
Kevin A. Bowen – Founder
Santa Fe, NM
Patricia Guyton – Board member
Franklin Method Educator
Jerome Deutsch MS LN – Board member
Licensed Clinical Nutritionist
Santa Fe, NM
Lahela Hekekia, Esq. – Board member
FRANKLIN METHOD® Level 3
Dr. Andromeda Stevens DC – Board member
Schroth Best Practice certified
John Steel, Esq.
Santa Barbara, CA
Community and Video Outreach Initiative
PMA CPT – Chair
The Kids Initiative
Megan Taback BS
PMA-CPT – Chair
Boynton Beach, FL
Subscribe to our newsletter
The Pilates Initiative
support, outreach, education, advocacy
As we begin this new journey, we'd love to hear from you! You can contact us at the email below, or you can submit a message with the form to the right. This effort is going to take the entire community so we look forward to your thoughts, questions and input.